Attending: Andrew, Andy, Chris, Dan, Davis, Jason, Marty
No presentations scheduled for today; Jim at BNL; Round the table:
- Chris was writing the conference proceedings for his two talks
- Davies finished his studies and will move to something else (still SiD-related)
- Andy: the UTA group has is recovering from a RAID array crash
- Still waiting for signals from ILC; a formal announcement is expected in January from the Japan's Science Council; the KEK director will visit Europe in December; representatives of the MEXT will visit SLAC in February when a statement is expected. In parallel there are discussion on the role of 'physics and detectors' in the future pre-lab structure in addition to the accelerator and facilities units. Also discussions on the future structure of ILC (CERN-like?).
- Chris mentioned that there was a CLIC presentation in Sendai on Conformal Tracking (given by Frank Simon); when asked about the exact advantages of CT in (u,v) coordinates vs. tracking in (x,y), FS did not have an answer; but it was mentioned that ILD has compared CT with x,y tracking and they have seen no evident improvements.
Next meeting: Dec 18th at 9:00AM PST
There are minutes attached to this event.